Our site: key facts
The site (see red line plan) contains the Thistle Hotel, as well as a large surface car park to the north for its guests and an adjacent plot of vacant land to the east.
This entire site is allocated in Poole’s adopted Local Plan (T12) for a mixed-used development including a hotel and new homes. The Local Plan also calls for:
- a strong building frontage to the Quay;
- preservation or enhancement of the Town Centre Heritage Conservation Area;
- a transition in scale to the existing residential properties to the rear and east, and improved pedestrian connections between these properties and the quayside; and,
- an enhanced public realm on the Quay.
More broadly, the site:
Flood zone plan
- is predominantly located within Flood Zone 1 (low probability of flooding), but with some limited areas within the boundary falling into Flood Zones 2 and 3. Awareness of flood risk has played an important part in our evolving design.
Town centre boundary plan
Town centre heritage conservation area map
- Sits within Poole Town Centre boundary and within the Town Centre Heritage Conservation Area, although there are no listed buildings on site.
© Environment Agency copyright and / or database rights 2018. © Crown Copyright and database right 2018. Ordnance Survey licence number 100024198.
Our proposals have been informed by engagement with:
Officers at BCP Council